I provide legal handling and registration of your marriage with the registrar’s office after your wedding.
You must apply for your marriage licence before your wedding
To get a marriage licence, you will need to:
- bring 2 pieces of government-issued identification for each person getting married. One piece of identification must include your photo.
Examples of government-issued identification:
- government-issued birth certificate, including any change of name certificates
- valid passport
- record of immigrant landing
- Canadian Citizenship Card
- valid driver’s licence
- valid Ontario Photo Card
- pay a fee (fees vary and depend on the municipality)
- If you’re looking to remarry after a divorce, you’ll need to bring official proof of the divorce when you apply for your new license. That means you’ll have to dig up an original or get your hands on a court-certified copy of the final decree, the final judgment or certificate of divorce to bring along with you.
Please check the municipality’s website to ensure you have all of the information required to purchase a marriage licence.
A marriage licence is valid for three months from the date it was issued.