This has never happened, but fortunately I have several licensed and experienced colleagues who I know would knock your ceremony out of the park as well as I would. Your ceremony will already be completely written by me, of course, and I would call on one of my colleagues to seamlessly step in and read and perform what you and I have created together.


If your venue is not available or doesn’t allow for a rehearsal, don’t fret! We just need a space where we can imagine a “front area” and practice walking down a mock aisle and standing in a line. I’ve done rehearsals in city parks, living rooms, condo party rooms, and restaurants.

We want to do everything we can to make sure everyone is as relaxed as possible on your wedding day. A rehearsal – anywhere – goes a long way towards that.


After we meet and you decide to book me, I send you an invoice with the total amount owing.  I ask for a 50% booking deposit as a retainer, and I ask for the remaining 50% one month before your wedding. If you want to pay everything upfront, no problem.  That’s one more thing you can mark as done on your to-do list.


I provide legal handling and registration of your marriage with the registrar’s office after your wedding.

You must apply for your marriage licence before your wedding

To get a marriage licence, you will need to:

  • bring 2 pieces of government-issued identification for each person getting married. One piece of identification must include your photo.
    Examples of government-issued identification:

    • government-issued birth certificate, including any change of name certificates
    • valid passport
    • record of immigrant landing
    • Canadian Citizenship Card
    • valid driver’s licence
    • valid Ontario Photo Card
  • pay a fee (fees vary and depend on the municipality)
  • If you’re looking to remarry after a divorce, you’ll need to bring official proof of the divorce when you apply for your new license. That means you’ll have to dig up an original or get your hands on a court-certified copy of the final decree, the final judgment or certificate of divorce to bring along with you.

Please check the municipality’s website to ensure you have all of the information required to purchase a marriage licence.

A marriage licence is valid for three months from the date it was issued.

The application form is downloadable from  the Ontario Government website




Bailieboro, Bethany, Bewdley, Bridgenorth, Buckhorn, Cavan , Cobourg, Curve Lake, Douro, Ennismore, Fraserville, Havelock, Keene, Lakefield, Mathers Corners, Millbrook, Norwood, Omemee, Pontypool, Port Hope, Roseneath, Stoney Lake, Trent Hills, Warsaw, Westwood, Youngs Point

For the Love of Love…